Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Step Two - Buy the bike

I think logan sold one of his children, but before I could convince myself it was all a bad dream, we had a bike. It's a Diamondback tandem - MTB style! It has some issues, so is sent into the chaps at Pushbikes in Papanui to get sorted. After several phone calls and some welding and a new chain and some new cables, and more besides, it's ready to roll. I picked it up from the shop and took it for a solo ride.

Cor.

These things don't do corners very well do they? And if you put the back brakes on when you don't have a Stoker (see, I'm getting the lingo already!) weighing down the back you do some mighty powerslides. I spent about 45 mins riding around in the dark, trying to figure out how much easier or harder it will be when Logan jumps on and starts peddling like crazy.

I'm worried.

Tomorrow is our first ride. I've been reading up on the techniques and tips from other tandem riders, and so it seems we'll be ok, but I'm worried none the less.

Ahh well, what's the worst that can happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment