Friday, March 6, 2009

Hills and my will (& testament)

I, Logan, being of totally insane mind and body declare this as my last will and testament.... and it just may be!!

Chris has had some nuclear powered virus this week and I've been spending far too much time on that dammed static trainer! so, when the dreaded lurgy had supped itself on enough of Chris's bodily fluids and tissue, and he pronounced himself well enough for a ride I was rapt.

We stuck to the basic idea formed late last week (when will we learn) and planned a hill climbing session for the weekend.

Our basic idea was to drive to vic Park, ride along the top of the Port Hills, dropping down Evans Pass to Lyttleton, turn about and then ride back up Evans, along the top back to the car.... then doing it again!
But, could I keep my mouth shut? Hell no!
So determined on getting away from that static spawn of hell was I that I opened my mouth before I engaged my brain!
"Can we ride there?" I asked to which Chris replied "We could..but I hate that much traffic!"
...did I engage brain and bail out then?...hell no!
"so what about we ride to Rapaki, go up there..then along the top of the Port Hills, drop down to Lyttleton ..then back up to the top, back to Rapaki and blast on down there before turning the pedals over back home for a stretch out?"
.....to which Chris replied "Yeah, that sounds ok!"
Some mumbled calculations and we (Chris) worked out that it'd be a 60k+ride

I know I had some common sense before I started this mountain biking thing... sure not much, but some! I now believe that the sudden blow to my testicular region has knocked something loose - not my brain, but the last shred of logical reasoning that I had.... I'm now officially as mad as a sack of badgers!

see you up on the Hills!

Logan.

No comments:

Post a Comment